-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of prateek
aggarwal
Sent: Wednesday, 03 September 2008 11:02 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] reading machine

friends,
warm regards.
it's worth mentioning that scanners and o c r softwares have changed
the life of visually impaired people drastically.
by the help of these o c r softwares, now we can read every that book
for which we used to dream at a time.
no need to mention that how much successful these softwares now,   but
it's somehow difficult to carry your scanner every where.
you might knowing that few of the companies which  are producing o c r
softwares these days,  had first developed the reading machine (a
portable device for reading books anywhere).
as i told that it's not always possible to carry your scanner
everywhere,   reading machines may still prove beneficial.
though i am using scanners and o c r softwares from the beginning, but
from few days i'am feeling the requirement of such a machine which can
give me the flaxibility of reading anywhere without carrying heavy
devices.

i have heard that several cellphones are available which reads the
text of a page instantly  by the help of a software call "KNFB
reader".

because this software and it's cellphone is expensive,  for me it's
not possible to buy it right now.
is there any other alternative?
if any of you have information about a relatively cheiper portable
device,   kindly drop your mail on same list.

i'll eagerly wait for your answers.
hoping for some quick and  beneficial words.
with profound regards,
prateek agarwal.
cell: 09928341197
e-mails:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
you can visit my website for lots of stuff related to visually
impaired and others.
please go on to
www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

Join Access India convention: For updates on it visit:
Registration is now open!

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with