While I found the chat features in GMail with firefox impressively
accessible, I still find using Gmail with Firefox problematic owing to
other accesibility hitches I've not been able to overcome. For
instance, the link to a particular mail, in standard view, does not
open with simply pressing the Enter key, as it does with Internet
Explorer. One has to use Jaws cursor, that too with occasional
success. Similar problems appear while trying to clicking on Add CC or
Edit Subject options in the Compose Mail dialogue box. Wondering
whether this combination of Firevox and Wai-Aria has addressed only
issues regarding chats, or they have addressed the above mentioned
issues as well.

Besides, in the blog entry given in this thread, I got the impression
that the chat features in Gmail can also be accessed with NVDA in
Firefox, that too more easily than jaws, because with Jaws we face
command conflicts and therefore have to press the command pass through
kety (Insert F3) again and again. But when I Tried NVDA, an
application that appears to me very promissing and yet somehow
deluding, I couldnt make any good of it.

Would love to get further feedback on these issues.

Regards.