Folks:

I want to let all of you know of a very funny incident that happened
when I presented my railway concession certificate to buy rail tickets.

The lady at the counter --in the railway reservation office located in
the 23rd floor of Utility building, M. G. Road, Bangalore-- examined the
certificate and pointed out two "mistakes" and declared it invalid.
First: the left thumb impression I had affixed is little bit away from
the place where it ought to be. Second: the doctor's name is not clear
from his signature (despite the fact that there was the seal of the
doctor that clearly declares his name and his registration number). To
my good fortune she didn't compare my face with the face on the
photograph affixed on the certificate, otherwise she would have found
the face on the photograph posing without beard!!! Though she didn't
exactly call the certificate invalid, she refused to issue tickets based
on the certificate, which is more or less considering it invalid.

In the wake of these so-called mistakes, I would like you folks to tell
me if the affixing of thumb impression slightly away from the place is
such a serious mistake. Also, please give me the address and phone of
doctors in India who can sign so clearly that everyone can read their
names (smile.

Subramani

)