Dear Kanchanji.
I more than hundred percent agree with you. I would further like to add that if any body asks something then the list members must respond to him only and not to the list.
With regards yours sincerely Mittal.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pamnani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 6:18 AM
Subject: [AI] Enough is Enough

Dear Friends
I have been travelling a lot recently and I cant cope up with the traffic on this list. I am not able to reply to many mails that are specifically addressed to me through this list. Of course this is my problem. I have also found that this is a problem a lot of us have to face. Even an important matter from Rajesh gets ignored because of the same problem. So it is not my problem alone it is the group's problem and we better all work to solve it or we will have a very serious problem of the list becoming reduntant. it is disgusting the way we are going on this list. There are 3 issues today that have upset me. 1. Introduction. We all know the rules. The new member must introduce himself/herself. We love having new members and we welcome them all. Do we all have to write individual emails to the group to welcome them-no we dont!. There were atleast 6 mails this morning welcoming Ayesha. Why could each of you not write directly to her and leave us out? How many times do you need to be reminded. 2. Congratulations to the Moderator. Yes we are proud of Harish and we are happy that Rajesh informed us but do we have to congratulate Harish on the list? Are we going to score brownie points with him that we dont mind troubling others? Please learn to congratulate him and others on their success off the list and give us a break.

3. Rudeness I have read the entire exchange on E51 and it is not nice. Cut out the acrimony It does not help the list and people like me who seriously read it. there are several small issues like I read a mail I think 2 days ago requesting for some infromation which was signed of with the words" Reply will be rewarded". Please understand that those who reply to a query are doing you a favour you cannot demand an answer nor can you force others to answer you. You are not the king of some ..... who is going to reward the person who replies on time or who replies properly. This list and others like it work on goodwill. Please do not abuse it. I have spoken to several of youll on these issues and you have informed me that you read selectively and delete a lot of mails and in the process you sometimes miss mail and dont help others. This selective deletion is done based on the name of the sender or because of topic or due to your time constraints or because you know that the sender is going to send an email with wrong grammer and spellings and it is very difficult to read with a screen reader however you all agree if there was less junk mail you would read more and probably contribute more.

Leave it to the moderator to handle the basic issues and do what you think is right. Treat this list as a resource and not as your dustbin. If you agree or disagree with me then please do so off the list this mail is of no consequence to others and it wont add to anyone's knowledge.
Sorry for venting my thoughts .

Kanchan Pamnani
Advocate & Solicitor
9, Suleman Chambers,