If you are using GoldWave, then you can open a blank file and specify the time limit. I mean, an hour and so on. Save the blank file and open it with sound recorder. Now you can start recording.

Vetri.

----- Original Message ----- From: "prateek aggarwal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:25 PM
Subject: [AI] extending recording time of window's sound recorder

folks,
though we have many nice recording softwares available, but you all
will agree that one software which is perfect in terms of
accessibility is "window's sound recorder".
since it comes with your OS, you no need to seek for any other software.
then? why we search for other softwares?
i think the most possible reason is it's bounded time limit (1 minute).
though i am already using GoldWave for all my recording/ editing
related tasks,but just wanted to know that is their any way to extend
the recording time of sound recorder it self?
can we extend it to unlimited as it's of 60 seconds as default?
your responses are awaited.
regards,
prateek agarwal.
cell: 09928341197
skype:
prateek_agarwal32
e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com
to join the mailing list of my website, just send a blank mail keeping
subject as "join" on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]