Hello sir or madam:
This is regarding your request for some info about the facilities for
VI students.
I don't know about other states, but in Andhra pradesh, The facilities
for a VI students are to bad, worse. All the regional universities
like Osmania university, Nagarjuna, Andhra,  KU SKU has nothing like
the E-libraries accessible Pc's with the softwares like JAWS and so
on.
I'm sure about Osmania university, but other universities also has
dearth for such facilities. In this state only English and forign
languages university, (EFLU previously known as CIEFL) and Hyderbad
Central university (HCU) has some computers with JAWS and all. I'm not
sure about the quality. You can scann the material and read them. You
can share  them among your friends. I'm almost sure that there is
nothing like E-library...
Other regional universities mentioned earlier have the very bad
facilities. The mistake lies with both the management for not taking
the initiatives and risk for all these, as well as with the students
for not bringing the pressure on to the management. Though people like
me want to take some initiative, not much support from the students.
To be frank, the quality of education among visually impaired is not
up to the mark, and in accordance with the current requirements. It's
too traditional, in Hyderbad most of the students are not ready for
change and advancements, because of Home hostels provided by the
governament.
That's it for now, more we'll discuss on the list or separately.
Thanks for bringing such a nice topic on to the list. I want to do
some thing to improve the quality of our education.
Regards,
Govind.