Hello!

My personal experience in this particular matter has been entirely different.

The I N A colony branch of the Syndicate bank at New Delhi, where I
have my account for last 37 years, not only happily issued the cheque
book to me, after seeing the RBI circular, but also, the issuing
authority, attested my thumb impression with the stamp of the bank and
his signature on all the 25 cheques, leaving no room at all for any
doubts. However, this step was taken on my suggestion and fortunately,
authorities, including the bank manager, too had the feeling that this
step is the best way to make my thumb impression a valid 1, even if,
my cheque is verified by any person or bank for any reason.

My first cheque was issued to a party on 26th October and till this
date, none of my cheque has been returned to me for any reason.

Regards,
Keshav.