Great Prateek

I liked the self provoking  issues, perhaps this goes largely with every one
- whether a disabled or non-disabled. But good that you brought it out. If
every one of start thinking and hitting hard on the issues, solutions are
not very far.

regards

2009/1/20 prateek aggarwal <prateekagarwa...@gmail.com>

> folks, here is a must read article for all.
> i'd like to know your thoughts on it.
> It's assured that technologies have transformed  the life of a
> visually impaired pretty rapidly.
> We blinds who were used to be called "soordas"  have even started
> governing  mainstream.
> a blind can now be found in almost every profession therefore, we have
> successfully broke the stereotype.
> Though it's a big milestone, but if one reviews the situation  keeping
>  actual stats in the frunt,  a very low percentage of our community
> will be called developed in actual mean.
> Still there're many adults students  studying in primary classes.
> Still there're many students struggling to be admit in higher college.
> Even though they are competent, but their  fault is that they are
> blind.
> Still there're students who may achieve a lot, but unable to do so
> because of improper resources.
> Still the condition of blind schools is terrible, and there are very
> few where they focus on studies.
> Still the level of English language is horrific in most of the VI folks.
> Still the percentage of computer literates is in single digit.
> Still there is no proper arrangement of books, specially for the hindi
> medium people.
> Still most of the folks rely on old tradition of cassette tapes.
> Still it's a big trouble for blinds to seek readers.
> Still most of the VIs don't think apart from being teacher.
> Still it's hard to convince  companies to keep a VI as a employ.
> Still visually impaired people are offered less salary then there
> colleagues.
> Etc, etc, etc.
> Actually, these are few of the many dilemmas which are still need to
> overcome.
>        I am not at all saying that blinds are inept, but at a halt there is
> something where we are lacking.
>        What are those things?
> Is there someone who is creating obstructions in our way?
> Is there someone who doesn't wants us to be developed?
> Are we sure that we are trying level best from our side?
> Are we making adequate efferts to overcome the problems?
> Answer is no, and a resounding no.
> Facts says that India has misfortune of having largest amount of
> visually impaired, and whatever efferts we have made till now are no
> more then a drop of ocean.
> As a blind we offen censures the government, but is it fair to blame
> anyone else for our own liability?
> Indeed no.
>  We'll have to consider genuinely what we ourselves can do to empower
> our condition.
> If we consider the things hard, we will find the solutions just below
> the arms. For example, if students are not taking interest in studies,
> is it a fault of government?
> If a teacher is not imparting proper education, is it a fault of
> government?
> There may be many such examples where we ourselves have to strive for
> [...]

Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile : +91-11-9811125521

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this email, although a few
electrons were mildly inconvenienced. Please consider the environment before
printing this e-mail.