If the subject line of all these messages does not vary, you can create a rule so that these messages go directly to the Deleted items folder.

Alternately: If you receive these messages from a single address, you can use the Block sender option to block these messages from entering your inbox.

Geetha
----- Original Message ----- From: "hari" <harikoda...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:27 PM
Subject: [AI] How to permanently block mails from getting into the inbox

Dear Friends:
Greetings to all of you. Hope that all of you are fine. Now adays I am receiving large number of Google group promotional mails with the following subject line. "Gmail-Help-Message-Delivery-en - 47 new messages in 28 topics - abridged"ETC. This started happening after I tried to subscribe into a Mailing list registered in the Google group. I would like to know how we can stop such mails from entering into the inbox. Please give your valuable guidance.
With regards. Hari.
Email:
harikoda...@gmail.com