Hi Deepak !

Marketing is indeed a good career opportunity for an Engineer-MBA like
you, though, I would suggest that you switch to technology products,
services and solutions rather than financial products like Insurance.
Of course, it all depends on your aptitude also.  I understand Hari
Raghavan, who is also a visually challenged management graduate is on
the business development side at IBM.

Content development is also a good option, if you have the flair for
writing and communication.  Alternatively, you could get into software
coding, testing or system administration functions too.  Quite a few of
Access Indians are doing well in these careers.

Have you considered the employability enhancement training programmes
recently announced by NAB, Enable India, Mitra Jyothi etc ?  These
institutes have a good track-record of placing eligible candidates with
reputed IT & ITES companies.  You could also contact Anubhuti Mittal, a
HR consultant based at New Delhi who has helped many PWDs launch their
careers.

Finally, in this recessionary situation when private players are cutting
staff strengths, one should also seriously look at PSUs and banks.  Lots
of them are on a recruitment spree, thanks to the elections.  Here, we
are eligible for reservations too.

Hope this helps.  Wish you all the best and do write if you need more
inputs.

Rgds

RS
98 472 76 126