gmail.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Subramani L" <lsubram...@deccanherald.co.in>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Need help on skype, google talk and gmail-Queries follow

Should we type as googlemail or gmail?

Subramani

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Ranjana
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:04 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Need help on skype, google talk and gmail-Queries
follow

Hello sir,
You can configure your gmail account in Outlook Express by following the

steps given below.

To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Google Mail:

   1.. Enable POP in your Google Mail account. Don't forget to click
Save
Changes when you've finished.
   2.. Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
   3.. Click the Tools menu and select Accounts...
   4.. Click Add and then click Mail...
   5.. Enter your name in the Display name: field and click Next.
   6.. Enter your full Google Mail email address
(usern...@googlemail.com)
in the Email address: field and click Next.
   7.. Enter pop.googlemail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or
HTTP)
server: field. Enter smtp.googlemail.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP)
server:
field.
   8.. Click Next.
   9.. Enter your Google Mail username (including '@googlemail.com') in
the
Account name: field. Enter your Google Mail password in the Password:
field
and click Next.
   10.. Click Finish.
   11.. Highlight pop.googlemail.com under Account and click
Properties.
   12.. Click the Advanced tab.
   13.. Fill in the following information:*
     a.. Tick the box next to This server requires a secure connection
(SSL) under Outgoing Mail (SMTP).
     b.. Enter 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field.
     c.. Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), tick the box next to This server
requires a secure connection (SSL).
     d.. Under Incoming mail (POP3), tick the box next to This server
requires a secure connection (SSL). The port will change to 995.
*The order of Outgoing and Incoming mail server fields varies by
version.
Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.

   14.. Return to the Servers tab and tick the box next to My server
requires authentication.
   15.. Click OK.
Congratulations! You've finished configuring your client to send and
retrieve Google Mail messages.

Hope it helps!

With regards,

Ranjana Rana.