Dear alumni,

With due regards I Abhishek Thakur of BA Programme III Year studying in St
Stephens College kindly request you to give me courier guidance. I have been
selected for Master of Social Work in Tata Institute of Social Science,
Mumbai. But with regard to this I am a bit confused. There are some
questions which have popped up in my mind. I am in great dilemma whether I
should opt for this course or not? I want to know the feasibility of this
course and to what extent this course can be useful to a visually challenged
student like me.

I know that there is placement in TISS but mostly jobs in private’s seckter

I want to know more about it.

I have scored first division in both the years of my graduation and hoping
to get first division in third year as well. I feel that I am a good
organizer and have special skills in social work field and have taken part
in several projects and assignments

I Participated in the field survey of the National Rural Employment
Guarantee Act (NREGA) in Bihar in May – June 2008. The aim of this survey,
initiated by the G.B. Pant Social Science Institute, was to evaluate the
implementation of NREGA. The work involved visits to NREGA worksite,
interviews with NREGA workers, group discussions, verification of NREGA
records, public meetings, evaluation workshops, interactions with the media,
and preparing draft reports.

I also worked with leprosy mission – Dehradun in 2009.

I have no difficulty regarding field work.

My aim is to become an IAS Officer. So is MSW will help me to pursue my
dream or it will change my future planning?

Your gidence will we greatly important for me.

If there is any course which you feel apt for me then I request you to
suggest me the options. My options after I finish my graduation are masters
from Delhi University, B.ED, and MSW from Tiss or preparing for IAS taking a
year off.

Waiting for your reply with Thousands of hopes.

Thanking you for your kind attention.

Your Sincerely

Abhishek Thakur

Email