source : techtree

url :

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/iPhone_0S_30_To_Have_Voice_Recognition/551-1

if this news is real, and iPhone does gets voice recognition, it will
most definitely help visually challenged and peoples with other
physical challenges to use the power of latest technology via iPhone

"
It's been quite sometime since we first heard of
iPhone OS 3.0
. While there were many new features that were publicized and then
later "leaked", there was one thing that has so far remained hidden
from prying eyes.

If
initial reports
 are to be believed, a hidden feature has been revealed in the latest
beta of the OS 3.0. We're talking about the much awaited Voice
Recognition
application
 that might just see the light of the day whenever OS 3.0 comes to
your iPhone. The software in question is called Jabbler. It will have
speech and voice
functionality like in the recently launched iPod shuffle and will be
built into the SpringBoard application.

The addition of Voice Recognition will of course bee a great boost to
Apple's functionality especially in the fields of GPS navigation where
turn-by-turn
navigation using voice commands can be of good use. It will also be
nice for e-book reading and of course voice dialing!

While its now almost certain that Voice Recognition will make it to
the future iPhones, we will still take this news with a pinch of salt
till we receive
confirmation from folks at Cupertino regarding this.
"

regards,

ruchir.

--