save folders of O E, and MS O  in text format!

Hi friends,

hope all are in pink!

I was looking for a way to save folders of outlook express in text format, and
tried many things, but unfortunately was not succeeded.

I tried to  do it with 2 softwares, " outlook extract pro ", and " outlook
Spiller " , but was not able to use it.

Then while trying and playing around and harassing my little laptop, I finally
saved my outlook express folders in text format, instead of wasting time in
saving 1 by 1 message using save as option,  so thought of sharing with my dear
friends.

I am providing the steps, in case anyone wishes to try.
Note: In order to use this method, one should have both, outlook express and
Microsoft office outlook in his/her PC.
Steps:

1.
In outlook express, go to file menu and select export submenu, and hit enter on
messages...

2.
Now you will be presented a dialog box saying, " Export Messages dialog, This
will export messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft
Exchange". Then select okay button.

3.
Then you will be landed on another dialog box saying, " Choose Profile dialog,
Profile Name: Outlook ", just select okay button.

4.
Now you will get another dialog box saying, " Export Messages dialog, Select
the mail folders you want to export from Outlook Express".
Here there will be 2 radio buttons, "All folders ", and "Selected folders".
So select the selected radio button and press tab, and you will be landed on
the list of your outlook express folders.

5.
Select your desired folder, and press tab and finally, hit the okay button.
Now, it will start to export messages to MS Outlook .

6.
Now open Microsoft outlook, and you will get a dialog box saying," Microsoft
Office Outlook dialog, Outlook is not currently your default program for
E-mail, Calendar and
Contacts.  Would you like to make it the default program? "
Just select no button.

7.
Now pressing tab, go to the personal folders tree view, and you should get your
outlook express folder in that list.

8.
Keep the cursor on that folder and press the application key and select open in
new window option.

9.
Now you should get list of messages, so press control + A and select all.

10.
Now from the file menu, select save as...
Then you will get a normal save as dialog box, so Give the file name you want,
and save it to your desired location. Now it should start saving the messages
in text format.
Note: If there is a large number of messages, it requires some time, and do not
worry, as jaws will stop speaking during the saving process. Once the saving is
done, Mister Jaws will start to speak again normally.

My apologies, and I request to my dear mates to correct me, if any errors, and
to add something to above given steps, if they have.

Keep laughing!

" Never postpone joy! Enjoy each second, so every moment becomes, the golden
moment of your life!"

For gossips, feel free to catch me on:
Skype: bhavesh.dhanak
MSN: bhavesh.dha...@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: bhavesh.dha...@yahoo.co.in
To send an E-mail: bhavesh.dha...@gmail.com

With smile & thanks from Bhavesh Dhanak.