Hi,

Here is my interpretation.

“The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade lower than the
minimum stipulated eligibility criteria.”

This means that if the candidate is suppose to have obtained a bachelor’s
degree, her scribe has to be less qualified i.e. has not completed 10+2+3 years
of education at the point of writing this exam.
The same rule holds for a candidate with a master’s degree. The key point here
is that the scribe should be one grade lower than the minimum stipulated
eligibility criteria at this point of time.

The reasoning of any examination authority is like this:
The knowledge possessed by the scribe should be less than that of the candidate.
In this particular case, this means that even though the girl’s mother holds
only a Bachelor’s degree, enough time has passed for the mother to acquire more
knowledge than the daughter.

The simple conclusion: she needs a college student as a scribe.
She can also have a discussion with the authority, explaining the difficulty of
finding a scribe.

Of course, I could be wrong, and there might be an entirely different
explanation.

Regards

"If God only gave me a clear sign; like making a large deposit in my name at a
swiss bank."
~ Woody Allen