Hello list members,
A very warm and auspicious mornig to all of you. I want to share a recent incident that made an impression on my thought process. Around 3 months back, i had been to a religious spot in orissa along with my mother in a bus. The route had limited bus service and like indian buses, it was carrying people far beyond its capacity. In the midst of the journey, suddenly among the wild crowd, i heard someone immitating a certain FM radio jockey. He was speaking in the same hip hop fashion and was singing songs himself. Initially i thought him to be a tramp. But later, i was quite impressed by his gregarious gestures and humble talks. Many of the travellers requested for different songs and he also sang them simultaneously behaving as if there is a song request on the radio. We enjoyed the phase for about 30 minutes. Then i realised that he was a visually challenged person. he was totally blind! I was a bit embarraced by earlier remarks. He then got off from the bus. The conductor later told us that the man used to get on to a bus both to and fro within a range of 20 kilometres and entertained people. He earned his living by collecting funds that people gave him in the bus. He never asked for money but people gave him some for his actions. The reason i wanted to share this incident is that, an illiterate man, despite of his disability, entertains people just to earn a living. he was unlike some of the beggars who ask you for money and bestow you with melodious slangs on your denial. " A man inspite of his disability, uses his ability to struggle for survival"