From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Srinivasu
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:15 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Attitude of a few NGOs working in the field of people
withdisabilities

Hi all,

As we know there are plenty of organizations working for people with
disabilities but I off late found, most of them do not have right
attitude
for people with disabilities. Before sensitize the world, it's important
that our organizations should have better sensitization. Recently, I
went to
see someone at a very well known NGO in Bangalore and the way the
security
person spoke to me is rather annoying. Of course, since I know the
people
inside I manage to deal with him in a better way. But I'm really sorry
that
such attitude need to be changed. There would be lots of clients come
from
different sectors and some of them will come with lots of hopes for
their
rehabilitation. But such reception will lead them to panic and impact
more
on their disability.

I'm sorry but in my view, no organization is doing any favor to people
with
disabilities - they are all equally paid well for their services by
respective organizations and all of them are either received good grant
from
Government and in the form of public donations. Hence, they need to feel
really responsible and better to be careful while dealing with
candidates.

I'm writing this here to see if we can collectively do something to
bring
change on this. Sorry, if it falls under off-topic by any chance.

Srinivasu

please visit the list home page at

Email secured by TPML Raksha Checkpoint