Dear Friends,
I wish to add two clarifications to what Shri Rajesh has already stated.
1. The certificate referred to in S 80U should be obtained from the
medical board and the certificate shall be in form prescribed by the
IT dept. In the alternative, the key wordsspecified in the form
prescribed in the IT dept should be included in the certificate issued
by the medical board, if they use a different form.
2. Photo copy of the said certificate should be enclosed every year
while filing returns. This is mandatory under S. 80U. In practice,
however, it depends upon the person sitting at the counter.
Niranjan