From: "rambabu adikesavalu" <rambabu_...@yahoo.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:10 PM
Subject: [AI] ect:re: Indian Blind Cricket League- The First Call

Dear George Sir,
Its a great news indeed!!
I still cherish the fond memories of the first national cricket tournament
for the Blind which you had organised in december 1990.
I am one of the proud participants of that tournament in which I represented
St. Louis Institute for the Deaf and the Blind, Chennai.
It was titled as the Tata Steel Challenge tournament which was won by NIVH,
Dehra Dun.
The Late Mr. Madhav Rao Sindia inaugurated the tournament. The most
important highlight of the inaugural ceremony was the great Kapil Dev who
was one of the chief guests could not make it due to some reasons. We were
disappointed very much.
However, soon after we reached our rooms, there was call from the organisers
asking all of us to assemble again. Yes! this time there was a surprise
awaiting for us.
Kapil Dev had arrived by then. He spent sometime with us.
Apart from the tournament we enjoyed every moment of our stay because of
your wonderful organising skills.
In the finals, NIVH defeated BMA, Ahmedabad. Of course, BMA has later been
renamed as BPA,.]
The Late Prime Minister, Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was the chief guest for the finals
and he gave away the prizes.
Anand Sharma of NIVH was the Man of the Tournament.

In fact, some of the best players of that tournament and the subsequent ones
remained as our favourite heroes. I remember some of those names: Kamal
Patel, Vasant Patel, Anand Sharma, Vima Narayana, Mahesh, Harikrishnan, and
so on.
Well, these are some of my contemporary players. I had participated in the
first three national championships held in New Delhi, Bangalore and
Ahmedabad.
Of course, Blind Cricket has improved a lot and has brought in a number of
laurals for our country in the last ten years.

I am sure that this new initiative you are taking would give more champions
among us.
I wish you all the best!
Regards,
Dr. A.Rambabu,
Assistant Professor, (CSSEIP),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai;
Phone: 09969747312.