It's like the judge who sentenced a ccriminal to capital punishment only
to leave him off the hook By a misplaced comma.

Subramani

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Asudani,
Rajesh
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 11:57 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] railway facility for physically challenged

Now, there is no doubt that not only AI members commit significant
english mistakes, but government of India is a master at such blunders.
For instance, please read the following para of concession form:
This is to certify that Km./ Shri./ Smt.
.................................................., whose particulars
are furnished below, is a bonafide "Orthopaedically
handicapped/Paraplegic person/patient and IS COMPLETELY BLIND.

Now, concession, as per phraseology, is given only to orthopedically
handicapped patients who are completely blind!!!

Wonderful, Further, the form mandates that no changes be made to the
form....

Rajesh Asudani

Assistant General Manager (PPS),
Reserve Bank of India
Nagpur
09420397185
O: 0712 2806676
Res: 0712 2591349
Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
John Milton