Dear Friend,

We continue to enjoy the same benefits under the proposed Direct Tax Code. Section 79 of the proposed Code is similar to the present section 80U. I am pasting Section 79 below.

Deduction in case of a person with disability

79. (1) A person shall be allowed a deduction of an amount specified in sub-section (2)

subject to the conditions specified in sub-section (3).

(2)   The amount of deduction under sub-section (1) shall be -

(a) one hundred thousand rupees, if he is a person with severe disability; and

(b)     fifty thousand rupees, if he is a person with disability.

(3)   The deduction under sub-section (1) shall be allowed, if the person -

(a)     is a resident individual; and

(b) obtains a certificate from a medical authority in the prescribed form and manner.

(4) The deduction under this section shall be allowed during the period of validity of
the certificate referred to in sub-section (3).

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sakina Dhariwala" <sfd100...@gmail.com>