The rule book goes in favour of all those from Gp C & D category. However,
for Gp B and A, the employers have some excuse on the grounds that it may
not be always possible to post the PH employees closer to their hometown.

The grounds are well made and case can be taken up. But you should start
with initiating a representation quoting the relevant rules to the employer
and give them time to respond.
regards

2009/8/31 Vijay Kumar P.V.S. <vijay.palakod...@gmail.com>

> Respected members:
>
> I’m also searching for the same orders, as I’m a government teacher
> and I was transferred to a rural place, which is 45 kilometers from my
> residence. "it has been decided that subject to the administrative
> exigencies, the physically handicapped persons employed in public
> sector banks in all cadres should normally be exempted from the
> routine periodical transfers. It has also been decided that such
> persons should not normally be transferred even on promotion if a
> vacancy exists in the same branch/office town/city. When the transfer
> of a physically handicapped employee becomes inevitable on promotion
> to a place other than his original place of appointment due to
> non-availability of vacancy, it should be ensured that such employees
> are kept nearest to their original place of posting and in any case
> are not transferred to far off/remote places." On the basis of this
> statement can I fight in my case? Please give your valuable
> suggestions in this regard.
>
> Eagerly waiting for your valuable and positive response.
>
> With warm regards
> VIJAY
>

> On 8/31/09, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
> > Friends
> > Following is an extract from handbook on employment of persons with
> > disabilities brought out by NHRC a few years ago.
> > It talks of exemption from routine transfers and giving preferential
> > treatment.
> > Please help me find out the three Office memoranda mentioned in it.
> > Sooner or later, the turmoil of transfer is going to affect us all.

> > "Question 2
> > Is there provision to accord preference to Group A or B employees with
> > disabilities in the matter of transfer?
> > Answer 2
> > Yes, Government of India has extended preferential treatment to disabled
> > employees appointed to Group A and B grade services and posts in the
> matter
> > of posting and transfer.
> > For example, Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel,
> > Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India, vide its Office
> > Memorandum No. AB/14107/16/200-Estt. (RR) dated March 13, 2002, has
> issued
> > revised instructions saying that:
> > "// is clarified that the guideline contained in paragraph two of this
> > Department's OM dated May 10, 1990 that requests from physically
> handicapped
> > employees for transfer to or near their native places, may also be given
> > preference, covers physically handicapped employees in Groups A, B, C and
> D.
> > "
> >
> > The question of transfer and posting of disabled employees in public
> sector
> > undertakings is also governed by the principle of 'preferential
> treatment'.
> [...]

Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile: +91 (11) 9811125521
Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Consider
environment!