To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Bookbole announcement!

I had attended the AI get together at Banglore where we had a
presentation by someone from Inclusive planet, and when asked about
the copyright issue, they had replied stating that they would go ahead
with it ,and if someone sues, a big noise would be made taking it to
the notice of the government in this way.  They went on to add that
there would be some buzz around when 100 or thousand blind persons are
sued which would gather the attention of the country.

Being an Access India member, I thought it is my responsibility to
share the information about their attitude, especially when the matter
is a sensitive one.

One last thing which I don't know, are libraries like NAB and others
authorised to convert books into accessible formats and distribute
them?
If that is not illegal, I don't understand why this would become illegal.

There are so many web sites like
www.esnips.com

and

www.4share.com

which are already providing these kinds of services.
Why aren't they sued so far?

Personally, I don't mind to be sued along with thousand other blind
persons in a copyright issue. In fact, I would take it as an
opportunity to take it to the notice of all as to why I had to do so
and what were the facilities,or rather lack offacilities, which
prompted me to do so.  Having said this, I must accept that I don't
have any idea about the punishments in such a case

--
G. Vamshi
PH Res : +91 877-2243861

God helps those who help themselves