Could not agree with you more. This is a reflection of a charity mindset. I
am sure , it is this mindset  that we are all striving to break free of.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vetrivel Adhimoolam" <vadhimoo...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Fwd: Fw: University for the Disabled,the first university
of its kind

I do not necessarily celebrate this and in my view, such segmentalizations
are not uncommon. It was very much evident in our poorly run government
schools for disabled including the visually challenged. It just signifies
the deep-rooted conservative attitude of the politicians and the policy
makers towards disabled. So such educational prisons can hardly make
difference in the lives of disabled in general and the visually challenged
in particular. What an inclusive society that we belong

Vetri.