I am going to request each and every one of you to cast your vote for a man who
has done so much for us. When I first met him a few years ago I thought that he
was great for the sector and now that i work with him I still think he is great
but now I have more respect and admiration for him.
Kanchan
It gives us immense pleasure to share with you some very exciting news. Mr.
Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, NCPEDP, has been shortlisted for the Guardian
Achievements in International Development Award 2009!

The award is aimed at recognizing some of the unsung heroes of international
development and to share the outstanding stories of local successes with a
global audience.

What is even more exciting is that Mr. Abidi has made it to the top 5 from 95
other nominations from around the world. He is the ONLY Indian and the only one
from the subcontinent to have made the top 5. And yes, he is also the only one
in the top 5 from the disability sector, worldwide!

The winner will now be decided through public voting which will take place
between 7 - 30 September 2009.

In his 17 years of work in the sector, you entrusted your faith and support in
his vision, courage, conviction and integrity. It is time now to take this
vision even further, time to take our story of years of struggle, small
victories, bouquets and brick bats to the rest of the world.

Please go to the following link and cast your vote. And spread the word around!

http://internationalachievementsaward.guardianprofessional.co.uk/judgesnomination/Index

With best regards,

Dorodi Sharma

Programme Officer, NCPEDP