Hi,
Those who read 'the times of india', can press "H" twice to reach the main news heading on a web page, but this command is not working while reading 'the hindu.'
sps
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vetrivel Adhimoolam" <vadhimoo...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] a doubt in reading the web pages in the web ie

Although there are commands to navigate around such as letter P to go to next paragraph, Letter N to go to the non link etc, they may not be of much use in a long page. However you can follow certain tips to successfully bypass links on pages that you visit regularly. As I see from your messages, you read Hindu regularly and henceforth let me illustrate this by giving you examples from Hindu news paper. Say for example, on the front page you have several links before going to the main news headings. So the best way to bypass those links is to remember the closest link before the news headlines. In this case the closest link is "Home". So as soon as you get to the Hindu front page, go to the link list and press letter H to get to the home link. But don't press enter yet. Navigate to "move to link button" and press either enter or the space bar. Now you will be positioned on the home link and you can quickly navigate to the news headlines by pressing control+down aero few times. You see this is better than going through all those links. Also when you are in a particular article, the closest link before beginning of the text is "send this articles to friends". So simply go to the link list and press Letter S. move to the link and you will be positioned right next to the beginning of the paragraph. So the basic thing about frequently visited pages is to remember the link before the beginning of the text. Let me know if there are better tips available than the one I have suggested here.

Vetri.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Renuka Warrier" <eren...@gmail.com>