From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of govind reddy
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:32 PM
To: accessindia
Subject: Re: [AI] higher and technical education:

Dear Kanchan Ma'am:
As far as I understand, technical education could be a part of higher
education. I'm not aware of Maharashtra governament's understanding of
technical education. I'm also not sure of the basis on which it
divided the whole process of education in to these three types. .
Higher education may have many components like research and analysis,
of which it may also include technical education. Regarding the
problems for a visually impaired,
1. non-availability of material in accessible format:
Most of the universities (except the central universities), are unable
to produce the material in accessible formats like braille, audio,
daisy, cassettes and so on. If this is done, other problems may be
solved quickly.
2. Scribe for writing our exams:
Besides this, scribe is an other issue while writing his/her exam,
every visually impaired should be asked to choose between the scribe
or computer. The Best example is Amar who seems to have done good work
and achieved the permision to write his exams on a computer.
3. Conducting additional coaching classes on par with SCs and STs:
Additional classes like spoken English, communication skills, and so
on should be conducted on par with all the backword classes. For
example: Before the bank exams, the authority of every bank holds
pre-examination training for SCs and STs, the same should be extended
for us to. Are we provided with more than them? They'll at list can
have some material to be read. We can't even get the same in
accessible format. Therefore, it's as important as providing free
classes for them. Even if the authorities don't provide for backword
classes, we should be given that facility. The reason is that we'll
not be able to find the material as quickly as them.
4. More merit scholarships and other financial assistance:
Merit scholarships should be increased as we'll have to buy lot of
extra products and goods as we cannot read the books just like the
others. For example, We require Tape recorders, computers, and other
assistant devices since we can't read the books directly like the
normal persons. In short, they are provided more than they deserve,
we're totally ignored from availing these benefits.
I'm extremely sorry if I offended any individual. I'm just trying to
express our sorrows and problems.
--
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few
virtues.  Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

07:27:00