hi all,
i think there should be reservation for blinds in parliament and state
legislatures atleast 1%
in lok sabha if  1% seats are reserved then it will account for 5
seats out of 545  seats. already in lok sabha many seats are reserved
for SC and ST canditates. also 2 seats are reserved for anglo indians.
anglo indian is now outdated issue.
in Rajya sabha 12 members are nominated by President for persons
having special knowledge of science, arts, literature and social
service. why president should not nominate blinds or other handicapped
persons in  rajya sabha?

in state legislatures also there should be reservation for blinds and
other handicapped.
in vidhan sabha 1% seats should be reserved for blinds. Governor
nominates 1 person of anglo indian community to vidhan sabha if not
represented adequetly. anglo indian concept is now outdated , this was
relevent when india became independent.
in vidhan parishad, governer appoints few members having knowledge of
science, rts, literature, social service andco-operative movement.
here also reservation for blinds and other disabled pepole should be
made.
i will note here 2 fundamental rights mentioned in our constitution
which are enforceable by courts of law.
article 14 states equality before law. it means nobody is above law of land.
article 15 prohibits government discriminating citizens against caste,
creed, religion, language, sex, place of birth.
these fundamental rights does not prohibit government from making laws
SC and ST ,children, womenand other socially and educationally
backward sections of society , according to constition.
so government can reserve seats for blinds in parliament and state
legislatures. but government is not doing anything regarding this
matter. should we try to make any  pressure group? can we file PIL in
supreme court as violation of our fundamental right
what should we do?
what do you think?
any comment from legal experts is welcome.
kaustubh khare
mobile- 9423391691