Dear fellow Access Indians,

I am re-posting a mail which we have sent last week requesting all of you to
help the right to read campaign by sending as many signed declarations as
possible and send them to us by next week Thursday- Friday.   The matter is
very urgent and will help all of us.  Authors and publishers in all languages
are welcome.  Please do act soon.

This is to request all of you to help drive the Right to Read campaign forward
in India through getting the endorsement of as many authors and publishers as
possible. To know more about the campaign you may link to
http://www.xrcvc.org/copyright.php#“righttoread”campaign . This link will also
lead on to a request letter for authors and publishers which can be downloaded
as also a declaration form which needs to be filled up and signed, and either
couriered to us in hard copy or scanned and emailed back to us. This has to be
send to the XRCVC at the address mention in the letter. We need the signatures
of as many authors and publishers of books as possible by the 20th of January
2010. This will feed in to the right to read campaign in Delhi at the end of
the month.
We need the involvement and support of as many authors and publishers as
possible. This is only a signature campaign. Signing the declaration is only
meant to be “A statement of intent” and not the handing over of the permissions
over their title/titles.
This is the third chapter of the Right to Read campaign in India following the
public awareness work in Chennai and Kolkota. We hope to build through this
approach not only awareness but also identify a pool of authors and publishers
who can be worked with in terms of receiving accessible copy.
Counting on you support.

Thanking You
Dr. Sam Taraporevala
Director
Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged (XRCVC)
St. Xavier's College, 5 Mahapalika Marg
Mumbai - 400001

+91 22 22620661-5 (extn: 366)
+91 22 22623298 (direct)