I think we are talking about different things here. I believe that a person
can be said to have a fulfilling life if he or she has tried to do the best
he or she can. The results are not really relevant. This is the same whether
a person is disabled or not. But if we are talking about changing the
perception of society towards people with disability then we need to compete
in mainstream society and excel. I feel that a "compassionate" view of
achievements of a person with disability only reinforces the stereotype. And
by the way, I am enjoying this discussion because it is not often that I get
the opportunity to think about this kind of stuff and also get to know how
other people perceive this very important issue.

Rahul