Harish:

I know the server has been having problems so I want to make sure an exchange between myself and Sabramanian was noted in the railways draft.

The overall discussion was that something could be done using "simulcasting" of the messages that are currently heard on the platform on mobile phones. An internal phone number inside the station could be called by passengers to get the same information that is available on the various screens and displays. They could also learn if trains are late or if platform designations change for certain trains.

In addition, sms, (texting) could be used inside the train to notify about upcoming stops or other relevant information thus sparing other passengers unwanted announcements during the night. Since many stations are not well lighted at night, a system like this would benefit many others in addition to blind people.

There might be other items in the exchange but these were some main points.

This is not to reiterate but simply to ensure these points made it to the list given recent technical difficulties.

Jean