-----Original Message-----
From: access-boun...@accessusers.com [mailto:access-boun...@accessusers.com]
On Behalf Of Tim in 't Veld
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 5:32 PM
To: 'Access e-mail forum'
Subject: [access] Petition

Hi all,

Thanks to all of you who signed the Wayfinder Access Protest Petition, it's
going well today and I'm happy to announce counting some unconfirmed
signatures we're at 350 ! (if you didn't get a confirmation e-mail don't
worry, I have your signature and will confirm it manually later.)

The Wayfinder Access Protest Petition site was revised. The petition remains
unchanged, but we now have a summary on the home page with a link to sign
and a link to the full text below that. This will probably lower the barier
for many sighted users, who want to support our action but don't want to
read the full text, to sign.

So go have a look at http://www.talknav.com/protest and sign if you didn't
do so yet!

While 350 signatures in the first week  is great we need thousands to go to
Vodaphone. So now would be an excellent time for you all to communicate the
petition to all your family and friends!

In addition, we're looking for people in all countries who are willing to
help us to communicate the petition to their local mailinglists for the
blind and media. Those people are going to be the ones who will ultimately
make the petition succeed, the group of 3 organizers can coordinate and
provide the infrastructure but we can't accomplish anything without your
help in drawing signatures!

I would also like to offer at least the summary and possibly the petition in
multiple languages.

So if you are prepared to promote the petition in your country and/or
translate it, please start promoting and get in touch with Neil or myself to
coordinate your local action! Again, you can make a real difference and we
need all help we can get! We can see that good promotion works - whoever
sent the link to Brazil did a great job, we have over 10 signatures from
them while they don't even have WFA! Now they are in the country list so
brazillians please continue signing and I will manually change the country
of existing signatures to Brazil so you get the place in the country ranking
you deserve.

Tim