Hiya
I also use google maps, which is built-in my iPhone 3GS and it works very accurately with turn by turn directions. However, As I said in my earlier post that accuracy and functionality would stll remain a problem for some time in India, unless companies don't come out with detailed maps. For example, google's street view. No matter, how accurate or good your GPS systems are but I strongly do believe there are still so many details are missing as it should be there on maps. Also the updation process of maps in any GPS system is quite slow. I'd always expect more and more details in any GPS system with better accuracy and updation process so that a larger chunk of VH population can take full advantage of this and won't hesitate to be dependant on it to a certain extent. Exactly like JAWS, I wish GPS would work the same way for VH sooner or later but I really don't think so that any GPS is that reliable for VH because of the lack of details.
Cheers
-KG