From: "Eyeway Helpdesk" <helpd...@eyeway.org>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 5:36 PM
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] Visually impaired people investing in mutual funds

Hi all,

One of our helpdesk caller from Mumbai wants to invest money in a mutual
fund through a broker, but he is being asked to sign the documents instead
of thumb  impression.

Would like to know how others are doing in this regard and is there a clear
provision about this.

One of the ways to avoid signing would be to open online trading account
where they also allow to apply for MFs online.

Please contact us ASAP on the below given contacts.

With best regards,
Satguru Rathi | Helpdesk Executive, Project Eyeway - A knowledge resource
for living a fuller life with vision loss
C/o Score Foundation, Y-70, Lower Ground floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi - 110
016. INDIA.

Helpdesk:+91-11-460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)
Website: www.eyeway.org