hey all, i've come across to this nice peace of software, which
promises to provide something innovative.
though i haven't tryed at my own, but i'll perhaps give a try today or tomorrow.
the software is called vision hunt,  and is a nice looking software
works on s60 third generation phones.
here's a copy pasted text from it's official  website which describes
the key features of the software.
please visit
http://www.viscientific.com/easyconsole.cfm/id/83
for more information.

---
We are proud to release VisionHunt™ Version 2.1, our second generation
product that provides basic visual aid functionality. VisionHunt™ runs
on Nokia
Series 60 3rd Edition Smart phones that are very popular among the
blind and the visual impaired. For a complete list of supported phones
and supported
languages, please read at the end of this article.
The primary tools of VisionHunt™ Full are:

• Color Recognition Tool. VisionHunt™ can identify the dominant colors
on an object, surface or other material. Simply, run the “Find Color”
command from
the left key menu (shortcut is numeric 2), provided that you have
placed the phone on top of the object so that the phone’s main camera
(back) is facing
the object with a slight angle. In a fraction of a second, VisionHunt™
will prompt its result.
• Euro Note Identification Tool. VisionHunt™ can identify euro bank
notes. Simply run the “Find Euro”, "Fast Mode" command from the left
key menu (shortcut
is numeric 5), provided that you have placed the phone on top of the
euro note so that the phone’s main camera (back camera) is facing the
note at the
front left bottom corner, where the euro note's vale is printed. You
can also train on how to use this tool by using the "Find Euro",
"Training Mode" command
(shortcut is numeric 6). This option will help you train on aliging
the phone's camera with the euro note. Please check our training
videos at the News
section.

• Beta support for US Dollar and Polish Zlotty bill Identification.
Does not include the 1 and 100 dollar bills.
Additional tools are:

• Light Source Detection. VisionHunt™ can identify sources of light
such as switched on lamps and open windows. Simple run the “Find
Light” command from
the left key menu (shortcut is numeric 1) and move the phone around so
that its main (back) camera is facing outwards. VisionHunt™ will play
a high beep
sound when a light source is in the camera’s view.

• Light Level Detection. VisionHunt™ can identify the level of light
in your surrounding environment. Simple run the “Find Light Level”
command from the
left key menu (shortcut is numeric 3) and VisionHunt™ will prompt its result.

What makes VisionHunt™ great is the simplicity in design and its user
friendliness. In addition, VisionHunt™ requires no prior calibration
whatsoever before
performing a task.

Finally, we urge you to visit our download section (like below) and
take a test drive of VisionHunt™. The trial version of VisionHunt™
allows you to launch
the program 100 times before it expires. Whether you have exhausted or
not your  100 trial launches, the trial program expires on the first
of the upcomming
July or January.

Supported Languages

Currently. VisioHunt™ is supported in 17 languages. Please help
translate VisionHunt™ into more languages by sending email to
supp...@viscientific.com.
Supported Phones
E63, E71, E66, 6124 classic, N82, N95, E51, N95 8GB, N81 8GB, N81,
6121 classic, 6120 classic, 5700 Xpress Music, 6110 Navigator, E90
Communicator, N76,
6290, 6790 slide, 6760 slide, 6790 Surge, E72, 6730 classic, E52,
E71x, 5730 XpressMusic, N86 8MP, E75, E55, 6720 classic, 6710
Navigator, 5630 XpressMusic,
N79, N96-3, N85, 5320 XpressMusic, 6550 fold, 6220 classic, N78, N96,
6210 Navigator
---

regards,
Prateek agarwal.
 Skype:
Prateek_agarwal32
Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
You tell, I’ll build.