Hi all,

Rajiv Rajan, activist has also been in a running battle with his bank for
over a year now (he has no visual impairment - rather he has cerebral palsy
and is wheelchair dependent)

No access but still has to  be present to withdraw money
No thumbprint verifications
ATM card issue denied
Constant insistence on Joint signatory, witness etc

This thread was started just after yet another encounter with his bank.

Disability Rights Alliance Tamil Nadu is pleased to present to India's PwD
it's second focus blog...after railways,,,it's now banking resources. It has
user experiences, RBI circulars, CCOD notification, Court orders, Pincha's
citizen journalist video on his experience, guidelines etc.

Hope this helps the larger pan-Indian cross-disability community!

It can be accessed at http://draindiamoney.blogspot.com/

The page structure is as linked below. Do keep in mind that this is still a
work in progress.

   - INTERACTIONS <http://draindiamoney.blogspot.com/>
   - RBI
GUIDELINES<http://draindiamoney.blogspot.com/p/rbi-circular-on-providing-banking.html>