Hello Steven,

Warm welcome to this wonderful list.  I hope it will help you to know more
about your homeland particularly the status and conditions of your blind peers
in India.  You may or may not be aware that India is known for its hospitality
people everywhere in  India particularly in rural parts try their best to make
the stay of their guest most comfortable even they don’t  go beyond their
might.  So you don't need to worry  in planning to visit India.  You will be
welcomed every where as per your choice and convenience.  For the time being
let us know about your study and status of the blind people in U.S in detail
such as how do you pursue your study being a blind?  Which medium of assistive
technology in general are used by the blind students in pursuance of their
study.   What about the behaviour and attitude of the fellow students and
teachers towards blind student at college and university? If it is also a
challenge for a visually challenged person in USA to get suitable employment?
What is the condition of social inclusion of the blind people in U.S society?
Have you any statistic data about the population of the visually challenged
persons in USA.  What are the key provisions of the government for the support
of the blind people in their empowerment.

I believe that many accessindian friends would also like to hear from you on
all these points.

With regards,

Gautam Prakash Agarwal
President,