You're right about it. The relaxation is only in terms of the upper
age limit. It is mandatory even for a VI to complete the prescribed
age limit (lower limit) as required by the commission on the specified
date. Further, there is no toleration even for a single day regarding
the lower age limit. Hence, he is not eligible to take the
examination. BTW, you may consult the Rajasthan State Service
Comission, but this is the policy of the UPSC. I think the same rules
apply there as well.

Cheers!
-Kartik

On 8/9/10, prateek aggarwal <prateekagarwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello listers,
> Looking for your help on urgent basis:
> One of my visually impaired friends here is appearing for rajasthan
> state civil services examination is a bit less then in age from the
> minimum stated date in the advertise.
>
> The advertise states:
> “Age Limit : 21-35 years as on 1/1/2011”.
>
> This person has passed graduation, which is the minimum qualification
> for the exam, but he is not completing his 21 years of age upto
> 1/1/2011.
> (he completes his 21 years in the month of febuary though).
>
> While they state that there is a relaxation of 5 years for PWD
> candidates, is he eligible for giving the exam?
>
> What I know, the relaxation most of the times is referred to upper
> age, but not the lower.
>
> Experts on the list are requested  to kindly tell, if the person is
> eligible for the exam or not.
>
> Though he has already filled the form for the examination, but is not
> sure whether or not he will be receiving the call letter.
>
> Can you please  guide me about what should he do?
> Since the exam is in the month of September, he wants to concentrate
> on preparations only if he is eligible for it. He will try to explore
> some other options otherwise.
>
> An urgent help will be much appreciated.
>
> regards,
> Prateek agarwal.
>  Skype:
> Prateek_agarwal32
> Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
> http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
> website:
> http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com
>
> the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
> You tell, I’ll build.

> disability bill at:

> the subject unsubscribe.

disability bill at: