in my view, difference of one acadamic year for a a scribe doesn't make any difference provided that he / she belongs to same field for which the candidate is from. of course, invigilation must be adiquately strict. i strongly uphold the idea of not having any percentage limits for a scribe. in many exams it is really simple to include computer based examination for us. in order to make rules more flexible, choice could be given to choose between computer based test (CBT) or writing exams with scribe's assistance.

in my previous mail i forgot to mention about use of assistive technology in cat examination. IIM authority gives facility of magnifying software for low vission candidates. if they can accomodate use of such technology for low vission candidates, why can't they be asked to include screen readers as well? i dont advocate suggestion of writing exams in brail as it involves many perplexcities as pointed by many members. and also, it is a very tedium task to write 80 90 pages in brail. but, obviously question papers can be provided in brail to them who wish. examining authority should in no case compele students to take writer selected by them (authority). even if choice is given than also writer would not be capable of fulfilling our expectations. writers have the grand responsibility because our triumphant depends on their dexterity of flawless writing and reading!
and thats all! these were my ideas. rest depends on you mam!!!
Kartik Sawhney wrote:
According to me, there should be no rules regarding the qualifications
of the writer whatsoever. The only golden rule should be strict
invigilation and nothing else. A scribe one year lower also causes a
No. of problems in technical and professional examinations wherein the
technicalities of the question or the diagram etc. cannot be properly
explained to the candidate by him/her as he/she has absolutely no
ideas.

-Kartik