It is good to hear that products are being developped for the benifit of the
blind community. But what iam interested to know from the developpers is why on
earth the otherwise benificial products  failed to find their place in the
market? I remember  reading an exciting news item namely the reading machine
christened eNETRA invented by a student in agra. I was  unable to get further
info from the particular tamil daily that featured the news, nor  from any
NGO'S working for the blind.  Had not a student  from MIT invented the world's
first reading machine for the blind, we would not have  heard of OCR
technology.  I love to see research students developping more and more products
for their   blind brothers and sisters. What happened to the money identifier
developped by students with IIT  mumbai? Or for the modern cane by students in
IIT, delhi for that matter.  Do the researchers lack funding or worrried about
marketing?  Can't some NGO'S working for the blind  help bring those  products
out of the labs? Let us encourage the young researchers  and  tell them of this
wonderfull forum called accessindia. What do my fellow accessindians think? Let
me hear from you all. We are talking  about screen readers costing as much as
the PC'S  AND MOBILE SCREEN READERS PROVE NO INFFERIOR IN TERMS OF COST. Do you
not feel that an indegenously developped product  make things affordable?  With
warm regards solomon. teachs...@gmail.com

disability bill at: