Yes, I also uphold this view that, list members should avoid sending congratulatory messages or greetings on somebody's birthday or achieving a feat and so on. In fact, when we leave house in the morning, the life is so full of risks that there is no guarantee that we would be able to make it to home safely in the evening. But, when we do, it actually is our new birth. That means, suppose we are 500 members on this list, each of us merits a congratulation for surviving the day. So we would be sending 500 such messages to each other everyday.

Secondly, if somebody attains some exceptional feat, list members can express their opinion, offer comments and make suggestions if there are any, but list should not overflow with simply greetings and congrats.Moderator of the list can wish the respective member on behalf of entire group. Of course, those who are so willing, can direct their messages to the personal email I d of that person. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandeep Gautam" <sandeepgautam.n...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 7:20 AM
Subject: [AI] two things to tell

Dear list,
some people are again and again discussing about patches and cracks in list despite of several mails from moderator.

what are they thinking?

is not there any software which can automatically remove such mails from list which contains words like crack or patch without coming to list?
 Warning from moderator should be treated as final warning.

another thing, what i think, personal congratulation message to other person should not come in the list. yes, if someone wants to share his/her own success to the list, it should be welcomed. if someone wants to congrats him/her, it should be done on his/her personal id.

Sandeep G

disability bill at: