Hello Aisha,

I recently learned swimming and  I did enjoy it and now, I can swim
independently. Certainly, we don't need any special techniques but I
want to share few important points for your consideration.
(1) If you are planning to learn swimming in a group setting i.e.,
along with some sighted folks, keep  the instructor inform your visual
challenge and have him / her to give you some extra attention while
you executing the steps taught by them. As Bhavani Mam has pointed
out,  we can do some fundamental steps i.e., strokes and kicks just
with the help of our general sense and listening others but after
learning floating.
(2)  Generally,  there are lots  of things to observe and immitate and
the instructors must be patient enough to teach us  using
least-to-most prompting  techniques. Least-to-most prompt in the
sense, first through verbal instruction. If it didn't work, you can
ask him/ her to do it first and touch and feel like how  he / she keep
his legs, kicking by using his / her feet etc. Even  if it didn't
work, then we can allow instructors to touch us and teach. At the
beginner level, we  can learn in a group setting and it will certainly
allow you to swim independently in the  shallow pool with 5 ft. If you
want to move to advance level, i.e., starting from water treading
techniques to  butterfly strokes, egg beeters etc, I would encourage
you to have a private tutor because it is all about observation and
immitation. If you want to get a sense of what it looks like learning
through observation and immitation, watch few swimming instructions in
 youtube by typing  water treading, egg beeters etc.  Goodluck and
enjoy learning   swimming.

Thank You.

Sathiyaprakash.