Hi!
I made my passport before 1 year approx.
At that time I did not feeled any such application. Just I wrote LHTI i.e. left hand thumb impration under the every every thumb. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Srikanth Kanuri" <srili...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Special Formalities for passport?

hi, unfortunately in our country if we are affixing thumb we have to
get it attested by a notary there will be one declaration form and all
the formalities required will be in the instructions of the physical
form. the authorities insisted me for a gazetted attestation on the
prescribed proforma and further insisted me to sign an illiterate
declaration along with it. notary authorization is compulsion.

hope it helps.