You mean to say LHTI and not LTI.
----- Original Message ----- From: "amarnath de" <amarnath.de...@hotmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:51 PM
Subject: [AI] attestation of LTI's through notary by sebi

Hi all,

Hope, you are doing well. Now I would like to draw your kind attention regarding a problem of the persons like me who use LTI to avoid mismatch of signatures.

In the banks though the problem has to some extent solved instead of a few instances, but when we use LTI in our demat accounts of for purchasing of mutual funds/bonds the banks demands attestations of LTI's through notaries. No other authorities are valid to attest the LTI including gazzeted officers.

In my view it is an unnecessary harassment and unnecessary wastage of money. Because in Delhi the notaries charge RS. 20-50 per attestation. And in forms of mutual funds/bonds there is more than 4-5 signatures. So it costs 100-250 rupees to complete a form. If we go to make some correction like address, spelling of names or email etcetera then also they demands attestation by banks.

The bank says the rules has been formed by sebi and they have nothing to do.

Now my question is: why the attestation by the gazzeted officers are not valid? Is it not encourages the unfair trade practice by the notaries? is there no option? I think when a person has been introduced by the bank, there is no need of such troublesome process. And I would request my friends to take the matter with the SEBI.

Can you help us to take the matter with sebi and try to find out any permanent and acceptable solution?

Regards.

Yours sincerely,
Amarnath De.