As a visually challenged person, if I am going in an unsafe direction
on the road, and somebody guides me to the right one, I would
definitely feel obliged. However, if I am deliberately heading in to a
wrong direction, even then if some elderly person corrects me, it is
my moral duty to be obliged, because that person is actually favoring
me. It is always better to correct ourselves before it is  too late
and we have to suffer on account of the mistakes which could have been
corrected or avoided very easily. Hence there is no reason for me to
feel bad thinking that I have been insulted on the road.
           So Ravi, Mr. Nandio is absolutely right in saying that we
should be always ready to accept constructive criticism, especially if
it is in the form of an advice from an elderly person. So there is
nothing to be rude or feel irritated about it.
Regards.
                      Pradeep.