Hi Jean

Pl find my comments inline with <hk> below.
Harish.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean Parker" <radiofore...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 8:24 PM
Subject: [AI] nokia maps

> Harish:
>
> I need some points clarified.
> 1.  What is the gps application you are using?  How much does it cost and
> where do we download it?
<hK> It  is the NOkia app which comes bundled with E72 and other newer
handsets. No extra cost involved.

> 2.  How does what you described compare with the news about mobile speak and
> nokia maps?
<hk> It is the same stuff
. From what I read about the latest version of MSS it seems that would probably
be more customised with additional keystrokes provided from the screen reader
end.

> 3.  After all the installations have been done how long does it take for the
> gps receiver to get the satellite?

<HK> Using only internal GPS receiver it would take about an hour under the sky
with good conditions for the first time. Subsequently it may be up in 5 to 10
minutes. With GPRS enabled and Assisted GPS active it would take a minute or
two. It takes the same time i.e. a minute or two with external blue tooth
receiver with GPRS support. Let me add I haven't tried using GPRS as yet and my
figures may not be absolutely correct.

> 4.  Is there a look around feature or a where am I option in the software?
<HK> The GPS status gives your present location.
regards

Harish.