Ok guies so there are two things to be answered:
1. Licencing,
2. Performance.
1. Licencing: As far as India is concerned, Amiyo sir is absolutely right, when they say that Talks give EMEI based licences. The reason is explained by Bhavesh bro in his mail, i.e., cost. On the other hand, Mobile Speak give licences on the user's number. If I am not mistaken, then efforts are going on to bring number based licencing for Talks in India too. 2. performance: It will be not right to say that Talks works better then mobile speak, if you have used V. 4.6 of this product. In fact, if you go to see, then it is the first software announcing support for touch screen devices, then ovi maps. Further, though officially symbion 3's support is not yet announced, but I am using C7, which is based on symbion 3, and is a touch screen device, without any difficulties except in clock, internet browsing, file manager and sms reading. Read talks 5.2 release notification, you will get the answer as to why implementing support for these apps has become difficult for the developers of any product. According to the reply submited for one ticket by codefactory support, they are working on android accessibility with their product. I don't think I need to say anything else in order to convey the product's efficiency. I am not here to market Mobile Speak, nor I am here to say anything against the efforts of Nuance, what I am trying to do is to only remove those thoughts which we all had before the release of 4.6 of mobile speak. Better you give it a try, and contact me for any problems with mobile speak. I am using 4.6 licence. -----Original Message----- From: bhavesh
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:28 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Mobile speak

no.

the license of nuance talks is also avillable on

two bases, i.e, EMI based, and simcard based.

with EMI based license, you can not change your handset to use nuance talks, whereas with Simcardbased license, you can easily use talks on an another handset.

however, simbased license costs more than that of EMI based.

for more details, please visit:

www.talknav.com

with warm regards,

bhavesh.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:37:25 +0530  wrote

I have heard that Talks is licensed on the IMEI code of the handset while

mobile speak is on the phone number. That means, if the handset is lost, you

have to pay for talks again to use it. However, you can change your number

at will. If you use mobile speak, you are use it on any handset, provided

you use the same phone number.

Best regards,

Amiyo Biswas

Cell: 91-9433464329