Thank you Rajesh for sharing this news and your viewpoints.

Since I have the exposure of working with state torture and first
hand experience of working with women prisoners, while the draft was getting
prepared I wrote to the committee members to include these issues in the
draft law. Though I do not see any reflections of the same in the draft.

Along with Senior Medical Officer of Alipore Correctional Home of Kolkata, I
am trying to write down exact suggestions so that we can send them to the
committee as he also feels inadequacy while dealing with prisoners with
disabilities.

With regards
Shampa Sengupta
Sruti Disability Rights Centre