Is there anything regarding reservation in. Thanks.---- Original Message ----- From: "purnima jain" <purnima25j...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:42 PM
Subject: [AI] PWD ACT

. hi friends, I happen to read the new PWD ACT for the first time, I
think that the chapter on employment particularly in relation to
reservation needs to be more stronger .There should be some provisions
to ensure that the establishments do comply with the provisions for
instance the disability court must have the power to stay the
appointment where the scheme of reservation have not been followed .IT
should also have the power to stay any further appointment in case
there is a huge backlog. There should be an equal opportunity
commission to monitor reservation for every recruitment exam in the
government. There should be a procedure to complain to this commission
if the scheme of reservation has been not complied with and the
commission should proceed to prevent any noncompliance .The
establishments could also be asked to get prior approval from the
commission before conducting any recruitment exam.  There should be
strong provision for transparency and the candidates must have the
right to ask for the cutoff marks, their own marks, and the reasons
for nonslection in case there is prima facie noncompliance with the
scheme of reservation There could be some sort of penalty for
noncompliance. The article 16 of the constitution also needs to be
amended to include the ground of disability the definition of
establishment must include within it the legislature and the judiciary
so that there is reservation for the PWD in the legislature and the
judiciary. There must be some provision relating to a National
commission for the PWD like in the case of ST,SC.
Further it is my concern that these courts must not be another stage
in the heirchy of the courts thus in some cases their decision must be
final and appeals must be allowed on strong grounds .We need to make
the courts really powerful and effective if at all the ACT is to do
any good to us .Help me to take issues to the concerned persons. This
is based on my personal experience and wish that none of us face the
things I did .thanks.