Dear mahendra, I read your reply today only. Although  I know that
maybe it is too late to comment on this thread, yet I feel compelled
to present my humble views. As we all know, courts work on the basis
of legal provisions, and, it is those legal provisions that we are
trying to provide through this PWD Act, so that no single disabled
person has to face and suffer on account of an unjustified court
decision.
            It is a well known fact that today especially in dispute
cases involving husband and wife, most legal provisions are in the
favor of women. As a journalist, I know about a large number of cases
where disabled husbands were not able to get justice even from courts
in spite of good advocating and sufficient proofs in their favor. I
spoke to a number of legal experts, including judges, who were so
convinced by my points that they went on to admit that in the absence
of proper and sufficient legal provisions and guidelines, in such
particular cases they have to favor the ladies although in 90 percent
cases, it is the lady who is at fault. For example, in one instance,
the sighted wife tried to give  poison to her visually challenged
husband and fled away with the jewelery and cash. In two other
instances, the sighted wives even indulged in adultry with some other
fellows and even gave birth to their illegitimate children. I can
quote a large number of cases where visually challenged faithful
husbands unnecessarily had to undergo a long struggle to get justice,
and, in most cases, failed to get justice even from courts in spite of
being innocent. All this happened because there is no law in favor of
the disabled husbands, while there are plenty of laws favoring the
ladies, which the laweres can misuse very easily.
            I suppose you have been living out of India for quite some
time, and hence are not quite familiar with the present sinario in
India especially in this regard. If you need further clarification,
better write on my personal I D: gupta.pradeep...@gmail.com
Regards.
                 Pradeep.